Orthopaedics is the branch of
medicine that deals with the prevention or correction of disorders involving
supporting structures of the body, especially the bones, joints, muscles,
ligaments and cartilage. The
diverse experience and fellowship training of each physician allows Kansas
Orthopaedic Center to treat virtually all orthopaedic problems. The most commonly
treated problems fall under a number of categories:
Listed below are the care services that we offer.
you have any questions concerning these, please contact
• General Orthopaedic Problems – which include
acute care of fractures and dislocations; reconstructive surgery and
treatment for disorders involving bones, joints, ligaments, nerves and
tendons; treatment of arthritis, bursitis, tendinitis, tumors, birth
deformities; pain management, EMG/NCT* and other orthopaedic related
and Nerve Conduction Testing)
• Special Orthopaedic Problems – of the hand and upper extremity including
carpal tunnel syndrome and DeQuervain’s disease; foot and ankle; spine including herniated disk,
scoliosis and osteoporosis; knees
and legs; and children’s
• All work-related injuries requiring orthopaedic care.
• Sports Medicine – prevention,
recognition, evaluation, immediate care and surgical care of athletic
injuries and rodeo injuries.
• Total joint replacement
including hips, knees, fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders and ankles.
• Arthroscopic surgery of all major joints as well as small joints
such as the elbow, wrist and ankle.
• Pediatric orthopaedic problems – which includes spine deformities, pediatric trauma
and general orthopaedics of children up to age 18.
• Occupational & Physical
• MRI (PDF)
For a complete patient checklist, please click here.